This is an exciting year for science at Chetwynd as we are working towards achieving Silver Primary Science Quality Award.
This involves the whole school working together to raise the profile of science in our school.
Our vision for this year is to:
- Create more cross curricular links so science is embedded into the curriculum
- Incorporate cross curricular with core subjects
- To develop the outdoor learning environment
- To concentrate more on working scientifically
- To share good practice by team teaching
- To include the community by having a science evening where families and friends can come and learn more about science.
|We have already has' Mad science' in to lead an amazing science assembly to the whole school, all about sound. From this followed a 6 week course of after school clubs which was fully subscribed.|
|During science week we had a science competition which was enjoyed by the children and families. We had 10 children achieving 100%.|
From a student survey children asked to learn more about chemistry so some of the children were invited to George Spencer Academy to have a science lesson in their science labs. This was so successful we are going to organise more of these sessions in the future.
We have also been lucky enough to have visits from parents who are involved in science so, the children can learn more about careers in science.
Year 3/4 were also taught more about rocks by staff from George Spencer, there was an amazing buzz in the hall as 90 children investigated the best rock to use to make a statue.